September 13, 2021 Drama Boosters Mtg Minutes


East Lake High School Drama Boosters

Boosters Meeting Minutes- September 13, 2021 7 p.m.

ELHS Guitar Room

Roll Call, Sign In & Minutes from Preceding Meeting Kim Florio, Nancy Lofredo(President), Amanda Long (secretary),Shannon Petrignani (Treasurer), Tara Allen, Sara Claudio (concessions), Natasha Gallaty (props), Bryan Stotts (Set), Kristin Gallagher (costumes), Randi Horton, Kelsi Black (Carwash), Marie Palmer, Dani Rossi, Mark Bonfiglio, Karen Jimenez, Rachel GuerGawi, Mike Long, Melissa Mahoney

Student board: Bella Stotts,


Committee Reports

President Nancy Lofredo

  • Open positions - We still need assistance in Fundraising, Publicity(arranging for the Marquee sign and trifold board) , sponsorships (someone to reach out to community partners and ensuring information is obtained for displaying business adds/banners for the program). Coordinating with students for t-shirts,

  • Coffee House and Clue - Because we use the website and jotform to collect monies, there are incurred fees, and a vote was discussed to raise the price from $10 to $15 for adults and remain at $10 for students; Event Held in the theater this year, food will be served at intermission outside again (approx 40+ students and crew will not pay for a ticket) A motion was made by Shannon and seconded, this motion passed. Digital Flyer for Coffee house is created by the students (BELLA) shared to the Boosters with the JOTFORM link to purchase the tickets.

  • Production Fees - Need to set up jot form, Vote on amount $40 on student contract- (vote was not held- not necessary since it was already established by Ms. Florio and students); discussion for food provided during tech week (donations possible from Publix and other community partners) and donations from parents. Amanda will include this request in a sign up genius once the items needed are decided upon.

  • Sponsorships - comp tickets?, flyers to pass out to businesses

  • TSHIRTS for CLUE - need student managers to provide full list of cast and crew

  • Need the artwork from the students for the shows (used on the business cards) to put on the booster websites.

  • Support for student activities (Bella discussion below)

Vice President OPEN


Treasurer Shannon Petrignani

  • Discussed draft budget- Current balance: ($10,431.16 as of September 13, 2021); Discussion was had for budget of costumes and concern for how the shows were divided, and board confirmed the funds can be spread however needed, big ticket items can be purchased by Ms. Florio’s school budget. A motion was made by Amanda to agree on the presented budget, it was seconded and passed.

  • Discussed Snap Raise process as the biggest fundraiser; students need to get in their emails, some concern expressed by parents for not having all 20 emails and getting penalized if made into an assignment. Kickoff has been delayed until students produce more emails. Past years have raised over 19K!

  • Carwash report and financial report - $1560.08;


  • Amazon smile- $6.92 (smile.amazon.com ) -Amanda to share this in booster email to parents

  • Sponsorship $750.00 from Camelot Wealth Management, Program Sponsor

  • Discuss reimbursement (Xero etc) and student protocol - all purchases made by students must be preapproved by a board member; Amanda to Share tax exempt file to boosters (concession/sets/costumes/silent auction person) who require for making purchases for productions.

Secretary Amanda Long-

  • Vote to approve minutes- Amanda makes a motion to approve August meeting minutes, seconded and all approve.

  • Confirm with Publix 9/26; create sign up for adults - sent out in last week’s email; resend again with meeting updates.

  • share HEP info to Student board-request to put this on the Drama calendar and Board agrees. Mike Long speaks to boosters -invites students to participate and he will ensure that students receive the Bright Futures information. Dates are October 29, 30, 31st. He will speak to the students during class.

  • Share thank yous to sponsors and car wash held last month.


Concessions Sara Claudio/Tara Allen

  • 1. Idea for a Garage Sale Fundraiser-Time, place, advertising, donations, sorting, and day of support - suggestion was ‘offer-up and online auction’ and discussion was had that administratively that can be a lot to manage. Discussion will be revisited for a possible spring event held in the theater parking lot-

  • 2. Silent Auction ideas and donations for CLUE- see condensed basket list. Discussion was had to choose how to divy up the themes among either by grade. Alert the parents that items will be collected from the students - items, donations for the baskets ; Nancy will donate some big tix items (straz etc); if extra basket items come in we can make more for multiple nights. Tara will will arrange to meet with students during class to solicit the basket items from families. Due date for items to be collected from students will be October 27th- Tara will shop for items needed after that- An Auction basket making gathering will need to be scheduled week of Nov. 2 prior to the show - volunteers to be requested for this by Tara. Previous auctions protocol can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11VoIPnFJiubuijthzxAT43pC0FMClYpN1l1fgT1QCaE/edit?usp=sharing

  • 3. Concessions ( items needed) for Movie Night and Clue (when and how do we off load items into the school Oct 6th) - coordinate with Ms. Florio to drop items in the lobby prior to dates, limit fresh items closer to date.


Fundraising OPEN- Randi Horton interested in assisting with auction donations and coordinating Spirit Nights.

  • SnapRaise report. Boosters Need to attach our bank account with the snap raise campaign. Gotta get kids and parents to turn in 20 emails. Kicked off today in class.

  • Publix- Brooker Creek scheduled for September 26th; 2-3 student volunteers needed and 2 adult 9:00 am to 5 PM (parents 2 hr shifts, students 1 hr) SIGN UP GENIUS shared out- As of 9/14 no sign ups yet.

  • Menchies, Chipoltle? Tijuana Flats Oldsmar? - NO discussion held for these at this meeting.



Carwash - Kelsi Black

  • Need to secure date for second carwash ? DId we confirm this date: 10/23 which is on the calendar- maybe check into a December date also


Sponsorships OPEN

  • Incentives posted on the Booster website align with our sponsor packages

  • Someone to Reach out to previous donors (business form letter on the DRIVE)

  • Received one sponsorship - need to reach out to business to get artwork for the program.

  • Should have a printed playbill in addition to a QR code if we have sponsorships

  • Flyers


Costumes- Kristin Gallagher - no news reported.


Props - Natasha Gallaty - Clue prop manager (January Poteat, Nickie Bonfiglio); Bella will share all the student managers with Amanda.


Tech/Set Bryan Stotts - Working on the set, tech day added on Oct. 2.


Publicity Open - need to figure out how to rent marquee sign for Clue - NOONE ASSIGNED TO THIS YET.


Silent Auction - TARA’S GREAT IDEAS BELOW - Randi Horton would like to assist in this.


Ms. Florio- BIRTHDAY LADY :)

  • it would be really “warm and fuzzy” if I could spread some sunshine one day by giving each student “something”…….a sweet treat? Something. Wondering if you all think that is a good idea? And if you could assist? -

  • NEED BUILDERS! planning build days. Having a plan and executing the plan -

  • Zoom - it is time to renew. This was taken care of by Nancy.

  • Ink needed for my Lexmark printer in the office.

  • FTC HOTEL- for Juniors and Seniors - the venue is Winter Park, and Kim needs to stay for 2 days. Kim will need someone to assist in booking the hotels, coordination of chaperones, and making sure to cover the needs of the students attending (male chaperone for male students - Bryan Stotts volunteers for this.)

  • Friday, Sept. 17 (Improvisation) need a parent (Level 2) to cover the afternoon - Nancy can do this coming Friday, Natasha volunteers for future dates.

  • Saturday, Sept. 18 (game night) needs to be hosted elsewhere- It was cancelled for this Saturday(after meeting held)


Student Officers-

  • requested assistance to find a vendor for the Letterman Jackets from 2019; would like to order ASAP

  • Request sweet treats for Drama Club (boosters -Amanda- to make sign up for the future dates)

  • CANCELLED Game night (Saturday 9/18) needs: Location in the theater- Poker chips, (Nancy and Amanda to bring) candy, drama t-shirt prizes, 2 adult volunteers for ticket booth, pizza Straz Tix? (January Poteat will provide drinks food ) 4:30 ishfor all volunteers -

  • Movie night in October - need the movie screen (contact Sabrina Butts); and plan for food (popcorn/drinks)


Old Business

Zoom renewal - This was renewed for year 2021-22.

New Business

Other Business



2021-22 Future Events

  • 9/10 Snap Raise Fundraiser Launch

  • 9/13 September Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 9/17 GAME NIGHT student event (POSTPONED)

  • 9/26/ Publix Brooker Creek Fundraiser Table.

  • 10/2 Tech Day

  • 10/4 October Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 10/8 drive in movie night

  • 10/9 Tech Day

  • 10/16 Menchies Fundraiser

  • 10/21 ONE ACTS - Coffee House fundraiser

  • 10/23 carwash (not yet confirmed)

  • 10/25, 26, 27 Tech week for CLUE-

  • 10/29, 30, 31 HEP Haunt Volunteer Bright Futures opportunities; https://www.facebook.com/HauntForHEP/

  • 11/1 November Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 11/4, 5, 6 - CLUE

  • 11/11, 12, 13 FTC

  • 11/16, 17, 18, 12/2, 3 Districts

  • 12/6 December Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 12/10 possible PRISM CONCERT

  • 1/3 week of- possible upper classman show-

  • 1/10 January Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 1/27, 28, 29 JR show - Frozen jr.

  • 2/7 February Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 3/4 Caberet

  • 3/7 March Boosters Meeting Guitar room

  • 4/4 April Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • Tech/Rehearsals

  • 4/28, 29, 30 Spring Musical - 9 to 5 the musical

  • 5/2 May Boosters Meeting Guitar Room

  • 5/13 Senior showcase

  • 5/16-20 Thespian Week

  • 5/21 Banquet TBA



TO DO’S:


  • Confirm student event nights (game/movie night) and create sign ups for volunteer and donations. Find out who donated the screen for watch party - sound system was a former theater dad. (Amanda)

  • Complete OSO paperwork, get signed by Ms. Haley and send in insurance checks (Shannon)

  • Confirm all Drama club dates and create sign up for food donations. (Nancy and Amanda)

  • Artwork shared from the three events (on business card) to be place on booster website (students with Nancy)

  • Jotform created for collecting production fees for CLUE, and TIX for coffee house events (students with Amanda)

  • Send out by 10/14 Signup Genius for One Acts need volunteers for concessions, check-in table and t-shirt sales

  • Full list of cast and crew for Clue production fees and names on t-shirt (Nancy)

  • Need file for T-shirt design for Clue; order t-shirts by 10/8 hand out shirts 10/29 (Nancy and January??)

  • Sign up Genius for Clue volunteers for tech week snacks and show night volunteers ( Amanda)

  • Fix booster website cover page (mobile version?) and update webpage (Nancy)

  • Confirm Snapraise Link to BOOSTER account (Shannon) DONE

  • Donations for Auction baskets (Tara speak to students; arrange for collection BY 10/27; plan for arranging the baskets)

  • Publicity marquis sign/small tripod sign - someone to figure out how to arrange for this

  • Senior jackets- someone to find a vendor to order ASAP (AManda can look into )

  • Book hotel FTC for Kim and share the accommodations with others attending by Oct 1st (Nancy)